JustAnotherFriend : Ok so, I couldn't do much, since I don't know much about your story, but here's my little attempt to lengthen things haha
But Hansel leapt backwards onto a table and kicked the goblin in the nose, knocking him to the ground. Rumpelstiltskin snatched a thick book from the splintered shelf that now lay on the floor, whacked Hansel with it with all his might. Hansel tumbled off the table and against the wall, his head throbbing.
Abruptly, Hansel's eyes widened, and he coughed, almost dropping the pencil he was holding. He clutched his belly and took a few deep breaths, squeezing his eyes shut. The goblin continued to pelt the boy over and over with his book, unsympathetic to his predicament.
“No! Stop, please!” Hansel managed to choke out. His plea was so abrupt, so desperate, that a bewildered Rumplestiltskin froze in his tracks, staring at the weakened boy kneeling before him.
“It was an honour fighting you,” said Hansel with a weak smile. He reached out his left hand, which the goblin, seemingly surprised at his own actions, slowly shook. “May the world remember your name.”
And with those last words, the little warrior dropped motionless onto the floor.
At that moment, as Jack was blocking a guard's sword with the handle of his axe, he happened to glance over in Hansel's direction. The boy's pencil slowly rolled from his limp hand and across the floor, coming to a halt beside Rumpelstiltskin's shoe. It took Jack a few seconds to realize what he was seeing. He kept glancing back. It wasn't true. It wasn't possible - yet it had been inevitable, from the moment his friend had first been wounded.
He flung his axe to the ground and leapt to Hansel's side, away from his own attacker, who now seemed profoundly unimportant. When he finally glanced up, Jack directed his attention toward Rumplestiltskin, his eyes burning with pure, cold hatred.
“I — I — He was —” stuttered the goblin.
“Shut it!” snapped Jack. “I know you didn't kill him. But remember this: you are on the side who did this. You are in support of the person who did this. Who, in the end, killed an innocent child like Hansel. I just don't understand how anyone, even someone as stupid as you, can be happy on the side of murder, of hurting children, of destroying homes, of… of this."
With that, Jack carefully scooped up the body of his friend, his little fallen warrior, and quickly carried it out of the room - Hansel could not be saved, but at least here, hidden in the shadows of the hallway, he would be safe.
I hope you like that :> Idk where you plan to go next with the story, but I can incorporate Hansel's death into
e v e r y t h i n g for the next few chapters if you want me to, I have some line ideas ;3 Fractured fairy tales are always fun haha
from Latest posts on Things I'm Making and Creating https://ift.tt/3lfFUQd
No comments:
Post a Comment